Saturday, May 30, 2009

Welcome

Okay, I finally gave in.

One of my most recent New Year's resolutions was to set up a blog. That was six months ago. I wanted to record the story of our lives (since I stink at regular journaling), and have a way to keep friends and family posted. So in true Erin fashion, here I am finally getting it set up. Better late than never.

I have a few issues to get past in order for this to work. First and foremost, I am lazy and a procrastinator. Anyone who knows me (well) will vouch for this. Blogs only hold others' interest as long as there are regular, entertaining posts. I'm not so good at regular or entertaining (see next paragraph). I suppose my advice to anyone intending to follow this blog is this: don't check here too often, I can't promise there will be anything new to read.

As for entertaining, well, that's my second issue with having a blog - I'm not. My friends and family who have blogs are excellent writers, their posts so easily bring me to tears and laughter. I feel self conscious about putting myself and my self expression out there for the users of the world wide web to judge.

So why a blog? Because I have an amazing, blessed life, and it is racing by so fast that it makes me ache with sadness and longing that time would just slow down already so I can enjoy each moment! Being pregnant with my second child brings flashbacks of my first pregnancy with Wyatt, and I find that I remember so little of all the highs and lows of the two years in between. And that breaks my heart.

The journal of Us. I want to capture all of it. I know that's not possible, but I will try to create our record of the time we have together as a young family - the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Thanks for coming along!

4 comments:

cindave said...

ok, absolutely no need for self consciousness. i felt the same way, but trust me, once you get started you a)find yourself taking more pictures and documenting more for the sole purpose of blogging about it, b)get to the point where you don't give a crap whether or not people are interested in what you write because this is your journal and your record, and you get to decide what's important in your life and remember-worthy. and also, you are too entertaining! that was crap, and i DO know you well. i was totally entertained by your first 2 posts, and thought your writing style was great. nice work. :) love you!

HeatherWasHere said...

Yay! Hooray! Woohoo!

Elizabeth said...

Welcome! I'm so excited! Don't worry about not posting often. I don't. And I don't care. :)

bridgett14 said...

You finally did a blog! I love it! Your boys are so cute!