Thursday, July 30, 2009

Read Me First

Ohhhhh-kay. After my mom called me all worried after reading my last post, I realized that I need to make a few disclaimers:

1. That was not actually one day. It was a composite portrait. All the events did happen, but fortunately for me, not all on the same day. Within maybe three or four days.

2. I wrote it sort of in jest. If I can laugh about the hard stuff, its a lot easier for me to get through. Yes, it has been hard, but I AM able to step back and see things in perspective.

3. Jake is a wonderful husband and father. Do I resent him sometimes? Sure, but I resent everyone who is sleeping while I am awake. He always does everything I ask him too, and then some. I am lucky to have him.

4. What I was trying to say is this: things are hard right now. Sometimes I feel great, sometimes I feel lousy, angry, sad, elated, confident, like a failure, etc. I know its all normal. I felt the same way with Wyatt. Actually a little worse. And things are getting easier. Day by day, little by little, our family is making progress to becoming normal, functioning, and less sleep deprived.

1 comment:

Isa said...

Erin, If I had a dollar for the worried phone calls I get from my mother after a post I would be RICH!;) I enjoyed both your posts!;) Not only because you are a great writer but, because it is SO VERY refreshing to have real life posts about the good, the bad, and the ugly of new motherhood and families becoming families...I mean all the blog posts of things like...kids on jet skis, camping, surfing, crafty-ness, clean/well stocked homes with super put-together families and mommies enjoying life ALL THE TIME...get kinda boring in the blog world. You will survive and you will look back on this time and find that you don't even remember it clearly except for the fact that it was hard AND you made it through AND you are so glad you had those cute kids AND where-would-you-be-without-them thoughts...But, right now I know how hard it is and I have cried those tears. Give yourself a few months...When can I come over with yummy food and hands to help you? I am good a laughing until I cry and crying until I laugh so, I think we would be a good pair. Don't you? Love, Isa