I caved. I'd been putting this off for as long as possible. I didn't want to be replaced. I didn't want to give up being needed. But I knew this day would come.
Micah got "real" food (can rice cereal be considered real? When was the last time you had rice cereal as a meal?). Our first attempt resulted in sobs. On his part. I think he was a little too hungry, and was just not expecting...THAT. So I gave him a few more ounces of milk and tried again. Presto. He loved it. He ate it up so fast. We've been at this for over a week now, and he LOVES his cereal.
Wyatt has not taken to this change quite as easily, however. Wyatt also burst into tears when Micah took his first bites. "MINE! MINE! Mommy, MIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!!" I guess he was upset that Micah was eating out of "his" plastic bowl. It was quite a tantrum. It was like all of his pent up emotions about Micah coming into our family and taking away his status and toys and parental love and plastic bowls just came exploding out all at once. It would have been funny if Wyatt hadn't been so sincere in his objections and anger. Once the tears were shed, he was fine though. Sometimes we just need to have a good cry and let it out.
Funny story - the other day I was feeding Micah, and Wyatt kept begging for "some dat." I gave him a spoonful. He immediately spit it out, and started wiping his tongue on his arm, trying to get the nastiness completely out of his mouth. Then he started gagging and threw up a little. He looked at me like I gave him poison. I haven't seen such a violent reaction to food since he ate rabbit poo. I then politely asked "would you like some mo-" "NOOOOO MAMA!! NOOOOOO!" :)
5 comments:
I absolutely LOVE having some grandchildren that LOVE to eat! I don't really know why it makes me so happy, but it does:-)Maybe it's because we never had ANY that loved to eat
that is hilarious. mostly because i relate so clearly! andersen also wanted some baby food but was NOT a fan. and just tonight (it had nothing to do with caleb, but the sincerity and intensity, and pure...funny-ness of it... reminded me) we went to mcdonalds fro some dinner and playland before bed. there were like 2 french fries left and A said he was done. then when tucking him in, i said thanks for going to mcd's with me, and i had fun. he's all, "you're welcome. yeah, it was fun...but i wanted to finish my french fries!!! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" and then it escalated to the point of almost hyperventilating. and then i could still hear him talking about it after i left. WOW.
Wyatt ate rabbit poo?
I love your funny stories! Your boys are so cute!
When did Wyatt eat rabbit poo?!
Post a Comment