Wyatt is a big boy! He has successfully made the transition from crib to Wyatt Bed. It went far better than I thought. I was SUPER hesitant, what with his history of diaper removal and such, but he has done such a great job. I had been putting it off and putting it off (as I have been known to do with difficult tasks), but then Jake called me and said "I'm sending you a picture of these bunk beds at Costco, do you want me to buy them for Wyatt?" EEEKKKK! Decision time. "uhhhhhhhh, fine, I guess so..." So Jake brought home the bunk beds, put them together the next day, and just like that (actually, several hours of bed-putting-together later), the crib was gone and I was forced to deal with the change.
We kept pumping up Wyatt about the "big boy bed" while we were putting the beds together, in fact, while we were doing so, Wyatt kept trying to climb onto the partially finished beds and take a nap. He was so excited the first night!! He went straight to bed, and didn't make a move until morning. The next day was a little harder though. We (I) spent two hours trying to get him to stay in his bed during nap time. The second day we spent one hour getting him to take a nap, and by the third day he was taking naps without too much fuss. We still have some issues at nap time (its quite difficult for the little guy to stay in bed when he can see all his trains and cars calling his name - "Wyyyyy-atttttt. Choo choo! Come play with us! Beep beep beep!") But overall, he loves his new bed. He asks for it multiple times a day, "Wyatt new bed? Take nap?"
Aaaaaaaand, remember the pesky problems we had been having in the diaper-poo department? Which have been going on for AGES? Poof! Gone. We haven't had to tape him in once. I had a feeling that the reason behind his, um, naughtiness, was that he was rebelling against being trapped in his crib. Now that he has his freedom, he no longer has to resort to poo-flinging as an act of independence. Of course, now that I have posted this, I can hear karma cackling and gearing up to bite me in the butt, and Wyatt will do some serious poo-mess during his nap today. Side note to karma: Please, please, don't do this to me. Haven't I suffered enough already??
I'll be honest, this change makes me a little sad. When I see him sleeping in there, he just looks like such a little boy, not my baby anymore. I get a little teary. I hate seeing him grow up so fast. I'm excited that he is getting more independent, but it still breaks my heart a little.
Pictures! The ladder is up only for show purposes. I DO NOT WANT Wyatt climbing up there. Maybe when he is ten. Wyatt proudly showing off his new bed:
These are only a few of the stuffed animals he sleeps with. He has never been a stuffed animal kind of kid, I'm not sure why he needs to sleep with seven of them now.
With his other prized possession: his new train table. Thank you, Santa!
Next stop, potty training! Oh, man....
5 comments:
You can hardly see a little Wyatt in that big sea of bed. He's so tiny. But HOORAY, no HIP HIP HOORAY for the no more poo thing!! That's huge.
Your blog and W's bed and W are all adorable.
And
of course I don't mind you reading my blog!
xoxo
Oh boy wyatt is a big boy now! so proud! too bad that wasnt in their when i came and watched him. coulda had a nice lil sleep over !! :) he will be sleeping in something similiar in our house for racheles wedding. perfect!
I love the beds and am so glad it solved your little poop situation:-)
Am anxious to hear about "the training", the exact nature of which I won't mention.....
i'm jealous - i wanted those bunk beds at costco! what a cute room he has. i know how crazy it is to look at them so small in that huge bed. i got teary many times. and what a fantastic surprise that he was smearing poop because he felt like a caged animal! i thought i'd have a lot harder time making the chance with andersen because i loved knowing he was in there and couldn't get out. but once he started climbing out of his crib and coming out of his room whenever he dang well pleased, it made it easier. :)
Post a Comment