My cousin Jeff (and Jake's bff) and his family came up to visit us two weekends ago. They were here for three days, two of which were rainy. Boo. But that's San Francisco for you.
We met them in Santa Cruz the first day, and hung out there, letting the kids bark like sea lions while Kim and I tried not to throw up from the horrible smell. Sea lions stink. That afternoon, back at our place, we went down to the tidepools where Christian caught a sea star and brought it back to our house. Where it is still drying/dying in our front yard. Thank you, C. Its a nice addition.
Sunday was nice to just sit around and catch up. Our kids totally entertained each other downstairs holed up in Wyatt's room. Wyatt absolutely adored Christian and followed him everywhere. Everything Christian said or did just cracked Wyatt up. They just couldn't get enough of each other. Pretty cute.
Monday we went to breakfast at our favorite local restaurant. It got a little wild with 5 kids under the age of 4, but still fun. Afterwards, we drove up to the city to see some sights. We went to the Golden Gate Bridge, drove down Lombard Street, went to Fisherman's Wharf, took a bay cruise, and finished up the fun at Ghirardelli Square for some ice cream.
It was so fun getting to hang out with our friends again, we miss living near them. Hopefully they'll come back soon! And here is an invitation to anyone else who wants to come visit: Please come visit us! We love having visitors!
The foul-smelling Sea Lions of Santa Cruz:
At breakfast:
Brothers:



Wyatt wanted to do everything Christian was doing:
Can you feel the love?
Even on his day off, he can't stop working. He and Jeff were doing this all day.
This is a video from the bay cruise. Sixty minutes of complete and overwhelming nausea. I wanted to die. But instead, I sat down on the deck and focused on deep breathing and keeping my clam chowder in my stomach. People kept having to step over me and I know I ticked a lot of people off, but I couldn't get the strength the stand up and go inside. Plus, when I finally did go inside, it didn't really help matters.
Helpful tip: Turn off your volume for this one, the sound is LOUD and windy with obnoxious soundtrack music.
This last one was taken while we ate ice cream. It has nothing to do with ice cream. The only reason it is included is because I think Micah is cute. I could just eat those cheeks for breakfast. :) And yes, Micah does have a shiner. He was flopping and going crazy at church (the usual) and smacked his face on the pew in front of him. Two weeks later the bruise is just starting to fade.
5 comments:
Such great pictures. I love Wyatt's little infatuation with Christian.So cute. And Micah? I want to eat him up.
Your kids are SO CUTE!! I love the video of Micah. My favorite part is when he gets distracted and starts eating the strap. Classic!
I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me, and what can be the use of him, is more than I can see.
I can almost smell the sea lions:<[
How you got all those videos and photos up on blog spot I will never know and wish I did...
I MISS YOU GUYS!
Wyatt copying Christian!
Micah eating the stroller!'
I CAN'T TAKE IT!
Whenever I need a little pick me up I look at the video clip of Micah going for the stroller. It just cracks me up. It's reminiscent of him sucking wildly on that yellow rubber duck in the pool last summer. Remember?
Dad got his whooping cough shot last week but I have been too sick.
Post a Comment