Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Home for Christmas

As I mentioned in my previous post, Georgia and I were able to come home from the hospital on Christmas Eve. My parents were here helping us out. I was so excited for Christmas this year. Not only because I knew that by Christmas I would no longer be pregnant, but mostly because Wyatt was beyond pumped up. This is the first year he really understood what Christmas is all about (both spiritually and secularly). And as cliched as it is, I'll say it again. Christmas is magical with children. Talking about Santa Claus and reindeer and elves and stockings is so much fun when you have a 3-year-old hardcore fanatic hanging on your every word.

Wyatt loved every minute. But Micah, poor Micah, was sick. It ain't Christmas if you don't have a sick kid, right? He got a really bad fever the day before, and was still pretty wiped out on Christmas day. Just kind of listless and pathetic. He only wanted to sit on Grandma's lap and watch everyone else. In 99% of the pictures of him he is sitting on my mom's lap looking at the toys that Wyatt so helpfully unwrapped for him. My mom was not happy with the fact that I have so many pictures of her in her jammies and morning hair, so out of respect to her, there's only the one picture of Micah. We forced him to sit on his toy and act happy. This is the best he could do:


Wyatt got a new bike. He was all excited about the bike in the store and for the two months leading up to Christmas, but now he won't touch it. Micah has had more seat time with the bike than Wyatt has. I'm so glad that Santa spent the time and money to get it for him. Sigh. So it sits in our garage for now.
But Wyatt WAS excited about his new Lightning McQueen garage. Note to Santa: Just stick with anything Cars related, and the kid will be happy. Stop trying to get him to branch out with his interests.

This is Wyatt's excited face:
Um, and that's all there is. I was in charge of pictures, and since I was a little, shall we say, jet-lagged (by which I mean, heavily medicated and veeeeery tired), I kept forgetting to snap pictures of the process. And I was distracted by a baby who wanted to eat. So there aren't many pictures. Sorry, future Wyatt and future Micah. I hope if ever one day you are reading this, you won't hold it against me. Fortunately, you're male, so you probably won't care.

So, yes, moving on. We had dinner with my uncle and family, as well as my grandma, who live nearby. It was delicious. Waaay better than that hospital crap I had been eating all week. And it was nice to spend the holiday with family. I'm so glad I was able to be home and with my family and have our newest little angel with us. It was a wonderful Christmas.

4 comments:

HeatherWasHere said...

I'm glad you got to be home. And cliche or no, Christmas IS magical with children.

Can I just say, I haven't seen a picture of Georgia in awhile.

Susie Demke said...

I think, no I DID say that exact same thing this Christmas. It's not Christmas if someone doesn't get sick. This is how we break it down-
Thanksgiving=flu
Christmas=colds
Good times.
I have the same question as Heather- Where's Georgia?!?
Not that the boys don't suffice, they do...cuties.. but I need to see more photos of that baby!

cindave said...

Agreed and agreed.

Have you read my Christmas Eve post, cause you kinda copied it. Caleb was sick and not into presents at all. All the more fun for Andersen. Although, it didn't sound like you had puking, unless you were with holding details. I one-up you there. LOTS of puking here. I also used the term "magical" in describing Christmas with a 4 year old. And I also need more pictures of that pretty princess!!

Renee Hart said...

I really do appreciate you NOT including pictures of me in your blog. It would have frightened people away.
I miss my little Micah attachment! We need more pictures of Georgia.
Give Wyatt a big kiss from Grandma♥