Saturday, July 18, 2009

Welcome to the world, baby boy!

He's finally here! Sorry it took me so long to get on the computer and post this, you all understand why. I've been a wee bit busy the last few days.

Micah is here! What a cutie pie! The delivery went really well, no stress, over in less than an hour. Night and day difference from my first. I actually got to enjoy the delivery! I'll be honest, I was still a little freaked out, but it went so smoothly. I am so thankful for answered prayers and blessings. Anyway, Micah Daniel Beaman was born at 12:48 on July 13, coming in at 8 pounds even, 21 inches. TONS of hair. I thought Wyatt had a lot of hair. Micah wins that contest. Its funny, when I would have my twice weekly ultrasounds, the tech would comment on one of two things. One- your kid has a LOT of hair. Two- every time we look at this kid, he is sucking on his hand! She was right on both counts! Micah loves sucking on fingers, hands, whatever lands in there, immediately gets sucked on. So cute!

My recovery is going very well, able to get around much easier this time. I was able to start walking the next day, without too much pain, and things have been getting rapidly better from there. Micah is having some minor feeding problems, which is weird since he loves to suck. I guess thats the problem, he likes to suck, but not actually eat. So we nurse for 80% of the day, but he isn't getting much down. Uncomfortable for me, but things are getting better. I got some sleep for the first time last night, so I am feeling better as well.

OK, here are the pictures. We can't figure out who he looks like, it will take a little longer to figure his looks out.
I love the chub! What cute fat cheeks!
Wyatt is a little ambivalent about his new brother. Not a huge fan, but so far, no injuries.

OK, mom, smile and say "I love morphine!"

Proud papa!

I love this guy! We are so glad to have him in our family. We love you Micah! Thanks everyone for your calls, emails, texts, prayers, fasting. We are so thankful for our wonderful friends and family and the loving support you give us!!

7 comments:

Sharilyn said...

Hi! I am so excited for your family! I cannot wait to meet Micah, and it has been too long since I've seen Wyatt. I hope you continue to heal quickly. I love you and am praying for you.

Ange said...

Micah is beautiful!! congratulations!! Glad you are feeling better, if you need anything, please call!

cindave said...

HE IS BEAUTIFUL!!! what a cutie! i love the full head of hair. caleb still has none. and i'm so relieved that the delivery went more smoothly this time. it was traumatic last time - you just can't be asked to have more than one of those!! i so wish you were here so i could meet him, and see wyatt again! he's so big and grown up! i'm so excited for you guys! Congrats!!

jeffandkim said...

YEA! It was so fun to come meet him and see you guys. Glad you are healing well. Enjoy these first few weeks - they are my FAVORITE!

HeatherWasHere said...

That last one is about the cutest thing ever. Squidgy little pudge. I would wager that Mom has told you he looks like you, no???

Sylvia said...

Congratulations Erin and Jake!! He is a perfect, darling little baby. Come to UT at the end of October so I can hold him.

Susie Demke said...

My favorite is that last picture.