Micah was a pumpkin (look familiar? Wyatt was the same thing in '07), and Wyatt was a pirate. Not my first choice, but it turned out cute. I totally forgot about Halloween costumes until like, Wednesday, so we rushed out to find something, only to find...nothing. This costume was almost literally the only thing on the shelves. Except for Star Wars stuff, but honestly, I've never watched Star Wars, so I didn't even know what it was all supposed to be. Anyway, the guy who rang us up gave us this big lecture "Absolutely no refunds, exchanges, complaining, litigating, etc., etc.," and I didn't really listen, because I was just happy to have SOMETHING to dress up Wyatt in. Except then I got home and realized the pants, pirate symbol, belt, and something else, I can't remember now, sword maybe?, were not in the bag. Fantastic. I pay a ridiculous amount of money for this crap cheap costume, and half of it is missing. So the next day I went to the fabric store and got material. But my sewing machine is broken. To sum up the rest, I made Wyatt's pants with hemming tape, velcro and staples. My domestic abilities are bringing you to your knees, no? From far away, it looked good, but if you got within 10 feet, there were weird puckers, fabric bits sticking out, and lots of fraying. I was so worried his pants were going to split in half every time he took a step or sat down. I had to follow very close behind to keep disaster at bay. I'm sure everyone just thought I was a very protective mother.
The kids were a big hit at Jake's work. The patients and the staff loved seeing them. We scored lots of candy and kisses (Jake said I did a good job at hiding my panic every time someone grabbed a face, hand, or foot for a kiss. Actually he said there was terror in my eyes. I thought I did a good job at hiding it, guess not).
Wyatt has been hopped up on sugar and acting like a terrorist all weekend. Candy is almost gone, and then hopefully normal behavior will resume.
Pictures:
I will send you ten dollars if you can guess who Jake is dressed up as. I won't, actually, but try to guess anyway.
This was taken on the roof of Jake's facility. Nice view, eh?
4 comments:
Awww... cute cute CUTE!
Captain America? I'm just bummed he's not Jimmy Neutron.
SPACE GHOST!
Do I win?!? the answer of course, is yes I win because I am overloading on the cute from all my adorable cousins (second cousins? little cutie babie cousins? Small human relatives?) dress up in halloween costume.
Uh... Falcon Man?
Thelittle boys look so cute I can't stand it.
Nice roof view. Are people allowed up on it or do you get special "perks"?
Love you, Mom
I have absolutely no idea what Jake is. Make sure you post the answer because it is going to drive me crazy. Did he just make up his own super hero?
Post a Comment