Our elevator! It sounds a lot cooler than it actually is. I guess the guy who built this house had a friend who was in a wheelchair, and he got a free elevator from somewhere (apparently there are free elevators in circulation?), so he put it in this house. Of course. My favorite part is the "in case of emergency, use stairs" sign. And there is a phone jack. In case you get stuck and need to call the fire department.
These were taken from my iphone, so that explains the quality. I can't figure out how to get video from my camcorder onto my computer (I've been told its quite simple, but no one has offered to give me a tutorial yet!).
Weird lighting is a theme throughout the house. One example:
Our family room, dining room, kitchen:
Don't judge. We're still unpacking and arranging.
We have an empty living room downstairs, so I want to get new seating for upstairs and move this stuff downstairs. That will be awhile though, we need an influx of cash-o-la. In the meantime, our downstairs sits empty, thus, no pictures.
6 comments:
judge for what?? it looks great! and the elevator is nothing short of AWESOME.
It's so beautiful. It looks really great, Erin.
I like how modern it is. The elevator looks a bit sci-fi. Looks great!
I bet you could raise some money for your new furniture by charging money for elevator rides!
I love the dark wall in the fmaily room. The lighting? well... it looks like something I would rig up:-) But all in all, I think it's very cute, and you can't beat the view and closeness to the beach.
Love you, Mom
I think it is adorable. I have never seen lighting or an elevator like that one. You should feel lucky.
It's a beautiful place. i love the wood trim inside the white paneling around the windows. I don't think the lighting or elevator is that weird. My bro-in-law just bought a house and they found a 'secret' room in the basement. It's a 12x12 room within a room (double-insulated and soundproof). The door (and it's not a swinging one) has no doorknob or hole. CREEPY!!! Plus his room over the garage has about 30 electrical outlets, all spaced 12 inches apart. That, my friend, is cause for concern.
Post a Comment