Micah is one! Hip hip hooray! My little baby boy is one! His birthday was July 13. The year has gone by so fast. I feel like I was just pregnant with him. Maybe because I am pregnant again. Hmm.
Anyway, the last year has been wonderful, horrible, fun, exasperating, sleep-deprived, joyful, depressing, and so incredibly great. Being Micah's mom has really shaken me to the core. After being a mom to Wyatt for two years, I felt foolishly confident that I was a pretty decent parent, and that I could handle another baby, easy. And then Micah burst onto the scene. From his colicky first months, to his never-ending vomit, Micah has tested me and pushed me and forced me to grow. Parenting Wyatt was easy. Anyone could do it. But parenting Micah has not been easy for me. It has been the hardest thing I have ever done. AND I AM SO THANKFUL FOR IT. Micah has (to paraphrase a stupid cliche) made me a better mom, a better woman, and a better person. Although he makes me lose it regularly, he has made me more patient. And even though sometimes it has been hard to do so, he has made me more loving. He has made me earn my stripes, and now I can't imagine living a minute without him. He has strengthened my testimony and my faith. I understand my Heavenly Father's love for me more than ever. Thank you Micah, for coming here to me, and letting me be your mom.
Having said all that, the last month or so has really been great. Micah is having FAR fewer meltdowns, has been less clingy, more affectionate, less demanding, and all around just easier to deal with. He is still army-crawling everywhere (I think it will be a few more months before he is walking), but can get where he wants to go, and I think that has made him a much happier person. He has been quite jolly lately. We finally started him on reflux medicine, so the barfing has been reduced by 90 percent. He plays by himself now once in awhile, and he will play with Wyatt when Wyatt allows it. He is still the sweatiest kid on the block. When I am in long sleeves and pants, he is in his diaper. Sweating. He loves to eat. I'm pretty sure he is eating more than Wyatt these days. He is super giggly and ticklish, and I can't resist tickling him at every possible opportunity. He will cuddle with me occasionally now. My absolute favorite thing he does is the minute we walk into his room for bed or nap, he immediately clunks his head on my shoulder and snuggles into my neck. He likes to clap his hands, and dance. He gets cuter by the minute, and funnier too. He makes hilarious faces, and is a ham for the camera. Wyatt always says, "he's a cute baby, mom." He says mama, dada, and dog.
Micah is my dramatic diva (divo??), and maybe that's why I love him so much. As upset and hysterical as he can get, he will reach the same extremes in his happiness, silliness, and joy. He has brought so much spice and life into our home. He is fun and crazy. He is perfect in every way.
Stats at his one year appointment:
Height: 30.5 in; 70%
Weight: 21 lbs, 15 oz; 39%
Head: 19.25 in; 97.5% (I know. Its huge. He gets it from his dad.)
Birthday morning. Something else I love about Micah: he has AWESOME hair.
Trying to get the ENTIRE cupcake in his mouth in the first bite.
Delicious.
Wyatt "helping" Micah open his presents.
Micah gives up.
Micah decides to just go for what he really wants: to eat this toy.

3 comments:
Wow. I feel like I am finally catching up with you. I can't believe the boys turned one. And I can't believe Micah talks! I(n between his cries) Jay just cried. No talking. Why talk when you can scream. Logical. Right?
I loved all the photos. I can't believe how good you look. Actually yes I can. I miss you all terribly. If life wasn't so nuts I would fly out there in a heartbeat. Each photo is a little dagger. I want to visit SO badly. Alas- I do not own my life......
We miss him so much! Such a cutey.
Of course, we miss the rest of you too:-)
I'm so glad you got him that medicine for reflux. For the first 4 months of Brinley's life she had reflux and I went nuts taking care of her. Then the medicine made everything so much better. She became happy and I didn't have to clean up throwup all day!! Isn't it amazing how each child is so different. You even have to parent each child different most of the time. Also, I'm so excited for you to have a girl!!!!
Post a Comment