Monday, September 21, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes

We're moving! Hooray! Yippee! Jake's temporary assignment in San Francisco has officially been made permanent. We are moving in three weeks. We were able to rent this really cute little house. I love it. Its right on the water, close to the church, has a big back yard, and I am so excited to move in!
Jake was a busy boy this week. His honey-do list included the following items last week:

1. Get a job
2. Get a house
3. Get a car

He did all three! We got a new car on Friday! Its a hybrid Toyota Highlander. I absolutely love it. It is so nice having the room for both boys and leg room in the front at the same time. Plus trunk space. Its weird driving a hybrid, because it doesnt feel like its running when you start it, but I am getting used to it. Wyatt is in heaven. He follows me around the house, asking "new car? new car?". He has this huge grin while he rides in it. And now he can't reach his brother and rip off his blanket, snatch and throw his pacifier, and try to rip off his feet. Wyatt has a thing with baby feet. Very strange.

I tried to get Jake to do the "toyota jump," you know from those old commercials "I love what you do for me...Toyota!" and then the person jumps with arms overhead, legs kicked back, and then they would freeze frame that moment? Well, he wouldn't do it. It would have been a great picture, but you'll just have to create the mental image instead. Maybe Susie will pose for me next time I see her.

Time to start packing!

8 comments:

HeatherWasHere said...

WOW! YAY!!!! PICTURES!!!

cindave said...

i don't know if you're "faking it till you make it," but i detect a much more upbeat attitude about this move! great! a cute house with a big backyard, and an awesome new car will do much for the psyche, i'm sure. i could use both of those things! also, are you surprised that wyatt has a foot thing? hello! look at his mother!! ;)

ashtrost said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renee Hart said...

Wow! Pretty snazzy car! No wonder Wyatt loves it.
Mom

Sylvia said...

Great news, Erin! I'm so happy for you. Settling down is a wonderful thing.

And there is time enough left in life for a minivan. Enjoy the Highlander, it's a great car!

Susie Demke said...

I will! I'm a little fat and heavy right now so I don't know how high I can go but I'll give it my best.
SHow pictures of the house!! I can wait to move.. uh visit with you guys there. I'm so excited. It's like having a vacation hou... uh..a great place to visit my sister.

Melody said...

Totally remember those Toyota commercials. Great news, girl! Congrats! Good luck with all the transitioning. :)

Aunt Jenny said...

Uncle Patrick and Aunt Liz are minutes away in Grenada (Half Moon Bay), just in case. (Of what, I do not know, but still). They love the coast and their little town (they both commute over the hill). It IS hard to move from a place that feels like home...Best wishes to Jake in his "new" job!
Love you--Jenny