Sunday, April 25, 2010

9 Months

Micah is 9 months! I can't believe he has been out of my belly now longer than he was in my belly.
Micah cracks me up. And he drives me insane. He is the most dramatic little thing I have ever met. When Micah is happy, the world is happy, but when he's not...watch out! Micah loves people. He smiles at everyone and won't stop until they smile back. He even makes grumpy people in line at Target smile at him. Who can resist? But...Micah is also extremely temperamental. If something is amiss in his world, he throws fits and screams and cries and weeps and wails and gnashes his (two) teeth. He makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes. He is so lucky he is cute! :)
Micah is sweaty. His internal thermostat is set 15 degrees higher than everyone else. He is usually naked, because he is hot, and because he is almost always covered in barf. He's a puker. Barf is apparently my destiny.
Micah started crawling a while ago. Bad mom....I think at 7 or 8 months? Its hard to tell, because he doesn't actually crawl, its more of a slither. An army crawl. I kept thinking he would transition to a normal crawl, but I don't think its going to happen. We have wood floors and its hard to get up on his knees without them slipping out from underneath him. So he slithers instead. Which adds to his general filthiness. Sweat, barf, dirt from the floors. And dog spit. Lucy can't resist licking him. The aforementioned combo is doggy dessert.
He likes to pull up and stand. All the time. He talks all day long. He doesn't want to be fed, he only wants to feed himself.
And he is just all cute, fat, round babyness. Wyatt was (is) a stringbean, and Micah is just chubby. Everything on him is round and soft and pudgy. Which is why I overlook his constant filthiness and kiss him so much. He adds much needed spice to our lives. Life is never dull or quiet with Micah around. We love this baby!


Stats at the 9 month check-up:

Height: 20 pounds, 5 ounces (48th percentile) This is how much Wyatt weighed at his 15 month check-up.

Weight: 28 3/4 inches (70th percentile)

Head: I can't remember the number, but it was the 95% percentile. We can thank Jake for that.

Quotes from the doctor and nurse at the check-up:

"Wow! He sure keeps you on your toes, right?"
"Well, I'm not worried about his language development. He certainly knows how to use his voice!"
"I'll bet your house is never quiet with him around!"
"Does he ever hold still?"
"You must really have your hands full with this one!"
"He's a strong little guy, isn't he?" (asked as Micah kept grabbing every examination instrument and shoving it in his mouth, rendering the doctor unable to to actually examine him)

Pictures from the last few months:






I love you Micah Bean!

7 comments:

Lillian said...

yay for pukey-sweaty-dirty-dogspity-but-still-adorable-and-kissable babies!

Renee Hart said...

Disgustingly cute! How could anyone resist such a cute, chubby, smiley, dirty little fella? Can't wait to see all of you!

cindave said...

oh my HUGE BROWN EYES!!! he is so stinkin' cute! happy 9 months to micah! i'm going to get to meet him this summer, right?!

HeatherWasHere said...

Barf IS your destiny.

So are beautiful beautiful boys. Has that child ever taken a bad picture?

Susie Demke said...

Okay good, no one has said it yet.
HE LOOKS JUST LIKE YOU!
YOu should post some baby pics of your and him side by side.
Didn't Wyatt throw up all the time?
Christian is taking a huge long trip in the summer with Sheldon doing the Tahoe trail on horses. Me Whit Jay and Gavin will be coming up.

Heather said...

He is so adorable!

Scott said...

He is adorable. I can relate with the drama. Rylee is a total drama queen. We are on a constant roller coaster ride. She is pretty cute as well which helps me get through those moments. You sure are going to have two adorable boys.