Sunday, September 13, 2009

Behind all this fog is a sunny day...

We got back from San Francisco on Friday night. Whew! What a week. Four people, one hotel room. Very few naps.

Great trip though. The kids did pretty well on the flight, but getting through the airport was a nightmare!! We barely made it through, even with two adults. Geez Louise, I hate carseats. They are the most cumbersome, awkward, heavy things ever. I have to fly alone with the boys in a few weeks, and I am already getting panic attacks. I don't know how I am going to get through the airport by myself. I'm not worried about the flight, just getting to the gate. I only have two arms, but I have two kids, two car seats, whole lotta luggage, stroller...arghhhhh! Can I request a golf cart please?

But anyway, the kids and I spent the week looking for a house to rent. Not much luck. We found ONE place that looks promising, but there are other people interested in it, so say a prayer and cross your fingers that the landlord wants to rent it out to us! But that was about it. Nothing else that I could imagine unpacking my stuff in. Hmm. While not house hunting, we hung out on the (very cold) beach, took walks, went to the Marine Reserve, and to Golden Gate Park. I wish we had more time (and my beloved double-stroller), there was so much fun stuff to do! Its a great place for kids. However, all my previous apprehensions still hold. It was even colder and foggier than I anticipated. Houses are expensive and tiny. There aren't many young families. BUT, after spending a week there, I feel much more comfortable about the situation. Not at ease, but more comfortable. I think it will take me awhile to adjust, but I will get there. There ARE a lot of great places to eat...
Its still not a for sure thing, but its looking that way. I'm so excited to move for the third time in a year! Hooray for packing and unpacking, having stuff break, get lost, furniture get scratched, dented and broken (thank you Heber 5th ward young men)! ;) Seriously though, like I said before, I really just want to get settled somewhere. The facility where Jake works is very nice, and the staff are great. He really likes working there. Happy husband=happy wife!
I didn't get many pictures because I forgot, as usual. And I was usually carrying Micah in the sling, trying to keep Wyatt from leaping into bodies of water, so I had no hands left to whip out the camera. Sorry.
This is the beach in front of our hotel. This was right before Wyatt ran directly into water, and then spent the rest of the day whining because he got wet.

At Golden Gate Park in the city. Beautiful, super fun place! I wish we could have spent more time there. Anyway, we got ice cream cones, and most of Wyatt's ended up on his face, neck, hands, and clothes. We got a lot of worried/panicky looks from elderly women. What? That's what baby wipes are for!

2 comments:

cindave said...

seriously, why are there not more pictures? just because you were carrying a baby while trying to keep your very active and fearless toddler out of harm's way...psht. HA! kidding, obviously, i hope! BEEN THERE! i hope, i hope, i hope you get the house! SF will end up being your story of, "i didn't want to go there, i was dreading it, and then i never wanted to leave and was so sad to see it go." probably, anyway. :)

Renee Hart said...

Well, it sure turned out that behind your foggy day was a huge burst of sunshine! Congratulations of getting the job and the cool cool house. We all want to come and visit you!
Mom