Monday, October 19, 2009

Hosanna Hosanna We've Found Our New Home

Moved. Did it. Don't want to do it again for a long time. We are mostly settled in. Actually, not true. We have the basics done. And I am too lazy to unpack the rest. So it sits in the garage. I'll get to it later.
A few people have asked me to post pictures of the house on this blog, and I won't be doing that. Since its public, I'm just not comfortable posting pictures of my house here. Maybe I'll put them up on facebook later, or if you REALLY want to see pictures, I'll email them. Wait, let me clarify. I won't post pictures of the outside of the house, but later when I get the inside done, I'll post those pictures.
The house we are living in is kind of strange. The guys who owns it built it himself, many years ago, and there are a lot of quirks. I don't even know how to describe it. And not like good quirks necessarily. Some are good quirks. Like an elevator. What. You don't have an elevator? Anyway, the weird quirks are worth it for the location.

(I am having a really hard time typing today! I'm having to backspace like every other letter.)
The weather has been lovely. We had a big storm the first few days, but since then, it has been sunny and clear and beautiful! Our house is just a two minute walk down to the beach and the Marine Reserve, with huge tidepools. The boys and I walk down there pretty much every day. It's awesome. Jake says its like living at the aquarium. We love it! I love seeing the ocean every time I look out my windows, and hearing the waves when I go outside. Very soothing.

Starfish...
"...crab with two clamping claws"

We went to the Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival, which was so fun! Tons of vendors with beautiful artwork, crafts, and fantastic food. Usually at these things, you get the usual corndogs, funnel cake, pizza, blah blah blah, but we had marinated artichoke hearts, braised brussel sprouts, fried calamari, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin ice cream, clam chowder, all manner of sausages...and that wasn't even the half of it. SO GOOD.
Above: Erin with fried calamari, Wy with pumpkin ice cream cone. I do feed my child foods other than ice cream, although you might not think so from reading this blog.
Below: Wyatt eyeing dad's garlic-rosemary-artichoke heart-deliciousness, two seconds away from grabbing a handful. He is such a good eater. I love him.
Our new ward is pretty great. It is small and spread out, but so friendly! We felt like we were royalty! Pretty much every person in the ward came up to welcome us and meet us, and I got a standing ovation and pumped-fist cheers in Relief Society. Seriously. I've never felt so welcome anywhere. We are excited to be here. I know we will be put to work here; its good to feel needed!

9 comments:

Renee Hart said...

My mouth is watering looking at all that yummy looking food. I am so bummed out that dad and I didn't get to come and visit you last weekend:-(
It's so nice to know that you are all together again though.
I am so jealous that you are living on the beach. That is my "soul location".
Please send us some pics of your home.
I love you, Mom

Sylvia said...

Erin, let me make one thing clear: an elevator in a home is never a quirk, and always RAD!!!! I can't imagine living so close to the ocean, must be wonderful. Post pics when you're ready, i can't wait to see them.

Sylvia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cindave said...

yay!! congrats! i want to see a pic of your house if you get a chance to email one! if not, i understand that too. when you get a chance. :)

your house...elevator...ocean views...2 minute walk from the beach, aka real live aquarium? uh, awesome!!! what a fun place to live! can't wait to hear more!

HeatherWasHere said...

Wow. (for the location) Wow! (for the food) And awwww. (for the fist pumping) I'm glad you're settled and satieted and appreciated.

Bernie said...

That happened to us almost 6 years ago and I loved that ward and still do. So sad when we had to move b/c we needed a bigger house.

ashtrost said...

Opps! That was me in that last comment. I didn't realize I was using my husband's account.

Susie Demke said...

WOW! I've never had an ovation and everyone knows I'm the one who would love it the most. I could only dream. Anyway. I said it was like LB aquarium! But maybe Jake did too. Why am I feeling like a 4 year old girl today??? Must be Whit rubbing off on me.
I absolutely cannot wait to visit. I want to ride the elevator, touch the sea anenomies, (I'm to lazy to try and spell that) eat fired calamari, and artichokes, and ride the elevator! I can't wait. Don't tell me anymore cool things or I won't be able to sleep at night.

Unknown said...

Erin,
Hey this is Tenille Osborne. (Jakes Cousin) I found your blog...not stocking you, I promise. I just saw that you moved, so are you guys living in the bay area? I only ask cuz live in the bay are. San Leandro actually (10 min from Oakland)
I hope all the unpacking goes well!