We spent Memorial Day weekend at my parents' house. While there, we had the beautiful pictures on my sidebar taken by the fabulous Stephanie Ryan. She did such a wonderful job, I was so pleased with the way they turned out.
We also ate ice cream.
The kids love playing at Grandma and Grandpa's house. There are tons of fun toys, warm weather, big backyard with lots of grass and a POOL. I didn't get too many pictures from this trip. Oops.
On our way back home, we stopped in Modesto for the wedding of Jake's cousin Lesha. My family lived there for several years while I was growing up, and the reception was actually held in our old church building! Before the reception started, we drove around and saw my old house and neighborhood. It brought back so many memories. It was really fun for me, but I think Jake started to tune me out after awhile, after the 467th time I said "OH! And this is where..." or "so and so used to live here and we..." But it really was so fun for me to be there and have that experience. It was kind of weird how many memories I didn't know I had, but came up just from being there. It was really special.



1 comment:
Sad that a backyard they can play in is so novel.
Post a Comment