Sunday, November 6, 2011

David and Laura Get Married

On September 18, my brother David got married! We were so excited to welcome his beautiful bride Laura into our family. They are such a wonderful couple, and it was a great weekend.

First, we attended the Hmong wedding. It was great to meet so many members of Laura's family, and see the traditions of her culture.


Laura and David:

With my parents:

Me with David and Susie


I love these boys. I love them.

At the end of the ceremony, everyone ties a piece of yarn around the wrists of the bride and groom and wishes them a blessing. Their wrists were covered in yarn. There were a lot of blessings! 

And then we ate.

And ate.

The next day was the American wedding.


Georgia loved being held by her aunt Heather:


David with my parents:

My family:

Isn't this what YOU do while waiting for a wedding to begin?

My dad performed the ceremony:



David and my mom walking down the aisle:


My brother Daniel (groomsman) walking down the aisle:

My niece Whitley (flower girl) walking down the aisle:

Pretty girl!

The beautiful bride with her father:

David and Laura at the altar:
Um, and then I didn't actually get any pictures after this point. I got too caught up in the excitement, I guess. So, no pictures of the happy couple after they were actually married. 


It was such a nice wedding. I am so happy for David and Laura. Laura is such a amazing woman, so kind, loving, intelligent, talented and fun. I can't think of anyone more perfect for my brother and I am just so thrilled that she is part of our family now. 

2 comments:

Jenny Hart Boren said...

Such great pictures--FABulous dress. Again--Erin, you're killing me. But keep it up!

HeatherWasHere said...

Ahhh! Love it!