We love Halloween. Its my second favorite holiday.
The first of the four parties was our church "Trunk or Treat." I'm a flapper, Jake is Bert, Wyatt is Lightning McQueen, Micah is a cowboy, and Gigi is a kitty cat.
Georgia wasn't too sure about the crazy looking dude who was holding her. Although she didn't like me too much, either. She kept staring at my wig, and poking my lips. She's never seen me with lipstick on, and was quite fascinated by it.
Suspicious Georgia:
Wyatt was super excited to be Lightning McQueen, but for pictures, he kept pulling this very somber expression. I guess he takes his role of Piston Cup winner very seriously. Micah LOVED dressing up like a cowboy. I was so surprised that he would get that into it.
Next we had the preschool party.
The cuteness of preschoolers in Halloween costumes is almost more than I can take.
After the preschool party, we went straight to Jake's work. Jake has a different costume here. He's a...hmm. A redneck BP oil spill guy? With a mullet?
This is one of Jake's coworkers. Gi was so tired by the time we got there. She just cuddled up with her the whole time.
And finally, trick or treating. Since we have lived here, we have never had any trick or treaters come to our house. We thought that our neighborhood was just super boring. We asked around for good neighborhoods to go, and everyone told us about this neighborhood just south of us. Holy crap a moly. It turns out, no one goes to our neighborhood, because everyone in our town and the neighboring towns goes to this one particular neighborhood. I have never experienced anything like it. Thousands of people. Every house decorated all out. It was crazy. I can't even describe it. Anyway, after the second or third house, Wyatt got scared by some big boys (MEAN), and decided he was done with trick or treating. Done. There was no convincing him otherwise. He took off Lightning McQueen, and rode in the stroller. Micah, on the other hand, loved going to all the houses. We went with some friends, and their daughter and Micah had a great time getting candy from lots of very spooky houses.
Georgia could barely keep her eyes open after about 10 minutes. It was a long day.
Hopefully next year, Wyatt will be willing to give trick or treating another try. The day after Halloween, he was telling me that he wanted to go trick or treating, and that he wanted to carve more pumpkins. He really did love Halloween, and so did Micah for that matter. They had a great time, and I am already excited for next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
Glad you got to go trick or treating! Bummer those boys messed it up for Wyatt, but hopefully he will bounce back next year.
All these posts were such a treat! Its amazing how much your kiddos have changed since I last saw them (beside georgia who I have not met yet,very sad). It made my day to see all the pictures of ya'll. That was a crazy amount of posts though...LOVE EM ALL
So super cute Erin! Cammie was an almost identical Kitty cat last year at G's age (tear)! You guys all look great! Love Love Love reading your posts.
Post a Comment